Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Four: Ask a Mormon

Here is the post: http://rachelheldevans.com/ask-a-mormon-response

I thoroughly enjoyed this post, feel like I learned quite a bit from it. I have family members who are Mormon, and they are all extremely nice people, but I've never felt comfortable questioning them about their beliefs. This woman seems to be a very liberal Mormon, so her views certainly don't reflect the very conservative Mormons that many of us are probably familiar with through the media. I found it fascinating that she considers Mormons to be Christians. I've always heard Mormonism referred to as a cult, and have always been under the impression that Mormons do not see themselves as Christians, per se.
Something I'm beginning to notice is that all people of all religions are just swell until they become "fundamentalist" and take things to the extreme. Moderation in all things truly is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment